Huck® Bolts are two-piece fasteners consisting of a pin and a collar. They are an alternative solution to nuts and bolts. However, they deliver superior shear and tensile strengths and excellent vibration resistance. Huck® Magna Grip® lock bolts feature a wide grip range to reduce your inventory. Call our sales team for technical advice.....
Frequently Asked Questions
● What is a lock bolt?
A lock bolt is a two-piece swage lock fastening system consisting of a pin and collar used to join two or more pieces of material together permanently. Compared with traditional nuts and bolts, lockbolts provide excellent clamping force and vibration resistance as well as easy and quick installation.
● What are Huck® Bolts?
Huck® Bolts are Huck® branded lockbolts. They are one of the most popular lock bolts manufactured by Howmet® Fastening Systems.
● How do Huck® Bolts work?
Huck® Bolts are installed using either a battery lock bolt tool or an air/hydraulic lock bolt tool:
● Insert the pin into a pre-drilled hole
● Place the collar onto the pin from the other side of the material
● The lock bolt tool grips and pulls the pintail, compressing and swaging the collar progressively into the grooves of the pin
● Do I have to use Huck® tools to install Huck® Bolts?
No. You may use either Huck® lock bolt installation tools or other lockbolt tools, such as Gage Bilt and FAR lockbolt tools, to install Huck® Bolts. Please note :
● Make sure the diameter of the Huck® Bolt is within the setting capacity of the tool &
● Choose a correct nose assembly for your fastener
For what nose assembly to choose, & any other enquiry regarding Huck bolts and collars call our sales team on 02 9882 1112.