We are one of the leading providers of Structural Rivets, a high strength fastener used widely in Australia,. The team at RivetLab offer a wide variety of options with various diameters, grip ranges, materials, head styles such as Dome Head, Countersunk Head and Truss Head to meet your specific fastening needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
● What are Structural Rivets?
Structural Rivets, also known as Structural Pop Rivets and Structural Blind Rivets, are high strength rivets designed with a locking mechanism to hold the mandrel inside of the rivet body after installation. As a result, they provide a water-tight, vibration resistant connection between multiple materials, with increased shear and tensile strength.
● How to install Structural Rivets?
Structural Rivets are installed using a hand rivet tool, a battery/cordless rivet gun, or an air rivet gun. The installation process of Structural Rivets is the same as it is of standard rivets:
– Check the specifications of the structural rivet you are installing and choose a drill bit to match the hole size specification for the rivet. Refer to the rivet’s data sheet for this information.
– Drill a hole through the materials to be joined
– Insert the rivet mandrel into the tool. Make sure you have the correct nose tip fitted!
– Insert the rivet body into the hole
– Cycle the tool. The jaw mechanism of the tool grips and pulls the mandrel through the rivet body and breaks the mandrel when the rivet is set.
● How can I measure structural pop rivets?
Rivets are measured using their diameter and grip range. The diameter of the rivet is the diameter of the rivet body, the part being inserted in the pre-drilled hole. (Note: Always prepare hole size to the manufacturers specification.) The grip range is the material thickness that the rivet is capable of joining.
● How to remove Structural Rivets?
Structural Rivets are designed for a permanent joint of materials. However, they can be removed in the same way as removing a standard blind rivet:
– Use a pin punch to remove the mandrel
– Choose a drill bit to match the diameter of the installed rivet
– Drill through the head of the rivet to remove the rivet body and in turn remove the rivet head.
● What are the applications of the Structural Rivets?
Structural Rivets are optimal for structural or demanding applications. They can be used in industries such as aerospace, truck, trailer, RV, locomotive, and commercially used vehicles, HVAC, sheet metal, and even agricultural equipment.
Structural Pop Rivets
The RivetLab team’s many years of experience can assist you with your most difficult fastening requirements. You can always rely on prompt and dependable service, covering everything from tools right through to structural pop rivets! Allow us to demonstrate how rivets can be the most cost-effective solution for almost any of your fastening application problems.
For technical advice on choosing the most appropriate structural rivets, call our expert sales team at 02 9882 1112 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.